Happy Wife, Happy Life

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
HWHL1418.jpg

Maybe happy... but looks very twisted. :allteeth: Well, life is that complicated, who knows, what happiness is.
Interesting picture. Kudos !

stunning depth

Is this some different film, or juice in your developing tank? Different grain quality, or something, seems to me.
Real nice

Is this some different film, or juice in your developing tank? Different grain quality, or something, seems to me.
Real nice

Digital, Fujifilm X-Pro2, 60mm macro. Custom Acros simulation.

dangit I almost said they look digital, but the first one changed my mind.

Lol. I have it custom set for grain effect. Darn near looks like film, that's one of the things I love about Fujifilm.

Lol. I have it custom set for grain effect. Darn near looks like film, that's one of the things I love about Fujifilm.
So.. time to try without the help of artificial (and virtual... ) intelligence. Get physical, you have the tools. :eyebrows::eyebrows:

Both very nice photos. Maybe just a tad more white would be a plus.

Joe

Both very nice photos. Maybe just a tad more white would be a plus.

Joe
Thanks bud. Yeah, I kept going back & forth with that. It was actually driving me a little nuts. Visually, on my monitor, it would go flat looking every time I tried bumping the whites. I tried several ways. I had a wide latitude to work with because I dialed it in the best I knew how, in camera. I ended up leaving it alone. I think if I would have used a flash, it could have been more interesting.

I really need to get my attitude more positive towards post editing. I really do not care for it on any level other than cropping. I guess I really focus to much on getting it right in camera. Sometimes I wonder if there is a happy medium I could get to. I see the image out of the camera and majority of the time I'm happy with it. You see, I got lazy framing because I know I can step back then crop in post. I don't want that to happen with the other elements. I consider it a bad habit I have developed. I always scan the edges of the frame, then one or two steps back. It may have developed shooting a less than 100% viewfinder in the film camera. Or I'm just obsessive.

Fuji's simulated grain is too sharp, too contrasty and finer than most people expect. The expectation for the "looks like film" look is coarser 35mm grain.

Joe

Both very nice, a slight preference from me for the second.

Life is not Black and White, there is always monochrome (and colour)

Nice images jcdeboever

Most reactions

New Topics

Back