Happy with 30" X 20" photo from Shutterfly

KenL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just had the photo below "printed" by Shutterfly.com and am pleased with the result. I put "printed" in quotes, because I learned that they do not print this size, they produce then photographically.

I found this out by finally speaking to the tech manager because no one else had an answer. I wanted to know their printer's printing resolution so I could sharpen-for-printing with NiK Sharpener Pro. So I opted for the "Continous Mode" for the final sharpening.

I enlarged my file using Genuine Fractals by OnOne Software to 9000 X 6000 pixels (16 MB).

Best of all the price, for the 30" X 20" photo, was $30. I'm having it framed and will use matte-glass so there are little if no reflections to bother viewing of it.

This is the shot I had done:
4231795013_4f7938f1cf_o.jpg

This is a great photo!

Curious, how did they package and ship this to you? I ordered some prints online from walgreens because I had a coupon for half off a purchase and the price ended up better with the coupon than shutterfly was offering at the time. I ended up having to be refunded for all of my 8x10s and 5x7s because they came in with bent corners. They did nothing more than ship in a regular envelope with a not so thick cardboard beneath the photos. I was really disappointed to say the least. Curious to see what shutterfly did to make sure yours came in with no issues?

Curious, how did they package and ship this to you? I ordered some prints online from walgreens because I had a coupon for half off a purchase and the price ended up better with the coupon than shutterfly was offering at the time. I ended up having to be refunded for all of my 8x10s and 5x7s because they came in with bent corners. They did nothing more than ship in a regular envelope with a not so thick cardboard beneath the photos. I was really disappointed to say the least. Curious to see what shutterfly did to make sure yours came in with no issues?

Thanks. They ship this size rolled in a 3½" diameter tube.

I had them do an 8x10 for me once. It would have been fine, but the normal (meaning either plain stupid, or "I could care less") mail carrier folded it to squeeze into my mail box....... The corners were fine. I reordered and had it sent to my private PO Box service where they are marginally more intelligent (or caring) and it was given to me flat. There was a clear warning on it to not fold!

I've moved your thread from the Alternative forum since this is a discussion about an online print service. If this isn't from a film negative that you scanned, I'll move it elsewhere. :)

I've moved your thread from the Alternative forum since this is a discussion about an online print service. If this isn't from a film negative that you scanned, I'll move it elsewhere. :)

I chose the ONLY forum that this subject seemed to fit into. It certainly is NOT a scanned image from film. This IS an original digital photo.

I don't think it belongs anywhere else. Thank you for your interest, and I'm glad you like the photo and the subject. :whip:

PLEASE MOVE THIS OUT OF "FILM PHOTOGRAPHY">"FILM DISCUSSION AND Q & A". :gah:

KenL,
For someone who berates mail carriers for their intelligence, one would think you would have the intelligence to understand that this post should not be in the "Film Discussion and Q&A Forum"

^^^ how about we have the intelligence to not say things to tick people off on here, we seem to have enough of that going around... :er:

It wasn't meant to tick anyone off. I just think it's rather hypocritical for him to be insulting mail carriers for bending his print when he can't even bother to post something in the appropriate category on an internet forum.

It wasn't meant to tick anyone off. I just think it's rather hypocritical for him to be insulting mail carriers for bending his print when he can't even bother to post something in the appropriate category on an internet forum.

I would insult you but you probably wouldn't understand it.

For your information I did NOT post this in the film forum, it was "Terri" a Moderator that MOVED it here and has not moved it back where it belongs in spite of my request.

:madass:

I would insult you but you probably wouldn't understand it.

For your information I did NOT post this in the film forum, it was "Terri" a Moderator that MOVED it here and has not moved it back where it belongs in spite of my request.

:madass:
Hi KenL - No problem on my end, I already said I'd be happy to move it again. ;) You originally posted this in the Alternative forum - which is in the Film section. I'm not certain why my moving this from the Alt to the General Film Discussion forum would cause such a reaction. People mis-post quite often, and moving threads is pretty routine.

No harm, no foul. I won't move it "back where it belongs" because there isn't anything in the shot that makes it an Alternative photographic process.

You've not yet indicated where you actually intended this thread to be posted.

omg.

Most reactions

Back