Happy with my purchase :)

sxesweets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's been a while but I finally made a decision. I got a new Nikon D90 with the 18 - 105 kit :) with no regrets :) I also picked up a 50mm 1.8. I'm still learning the menus and trying to read the manual but otherwise I really haven't had much time to play yet :( Anyways just thought that I would share.

I did shoot a bit the night I got it at an outdoor concert (George Canyon), sadly I did use auto :blushing: for quite a bit of it but I'm happy with the photos and in the end that's what matters, to me at least.

WOOT! new toy! :)

congrats!

Awesome, congratulations! I bought the same kit, works great!

Let me know how you like the 50mm on it, I have the 35 and not sure if I should add the 50 to my little arsenal or not.

Congrats!

Chris: I have the 50mm and it's a great lens although it has to hunt for focus in low light. Well worth the $100 I paid for it though.

Thanks Sherman! Found one for $100, maybe I'll bite the bullet - worst case I sell it for $100 haha.

/hijack

Congratulations, now go grab some good photos with it!

Congrats!

Chris: I have the 50mm and it's a great lens although it has to hunt for focus in low light. Well worth the $100 I paid for it though.

Don't worry, the 1.4 has to hunt a lil too ;)

<-- jealous....

You can't begin to imagine how much I want to get out of my superzoom and get into a dSLR.....

Congrats! I got the same about 2 weeks ago. I've been practicing the different settings. I've been trying my hand at manual shooting. I'm going to my bro's wedding this weekend and hope to get in a lot of practice in manual mode. I am very happy with my purchase, especially the 50mm lens. My sis-in-law is a photographer and told me to get that lens. I love that lens. It takes great pics. Look at the speedlights too.

Thanks for all the great wishes guys. I actually ended up in the store today with questions because I hadn't gotten the af set correctly, fixed now though (I need to get my eyes tested :( ) Hoping to get out this weekend with my daughter and some friends for a bit of shooting.

Thanks for not chewing my butt for shooting in auto that first night btw :)

Thanks for not chewing my butt for shooting in auto that first night btw :)

Don't worry about it! We're not some group of elitists that judge every photo based on the mode it was shot in (at least not all of us). There is a time and a place for auto modes and all that matters anyways is the end result. We look forward to seeing your work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back