Happy with my upgrade

WILCOX2005

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In March I upgraded from a Sony A200 to a nikon 5300. I love my new nikon so much better the body weight alone is better Sony 23.25 nikon 19.90. I have the 18-55mm, 70-300mm, and a 85mm. I have a senior photo shoot and a new born in the next month. I am still buying the lenses as they are more expensive. I am open to suggestions for good ones for portrait (people pets random) up close for flowers and bugs.

The upgrade from the a200 to the D5300 is huge!!!
I used to own the Sony a300, it was my first DSLR, at the time it was a good camera but in time it became very obsolete.
Nikon 85mm is a perfect lens for head shots, I would add to it the Nikon 50mm 1.8G for a wider shot and maybe even Nikon 35mm 1.8G for going even wider.

The upgrade from the a200 to the D5300 is huge!!!
I used to own the Sony a300, it was my first DSLR, at the time it was a good camera but in time it became very obsolete.
Nikon 85mm is a perfect lens for head shots, I would add to it the Nikon 50mm 1.8G for a wider shot and maybe even Nikon 35mm 1.8G for going even wider.
I had my Sony for 6 years so a good upgrade was needed and I am so happy i did it.

Congrats! That 85 1.8G is a fantastic lens! I use to own it. Maybe I will again someday. Keep shooting.

Most reactions

Back