hard BMW

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
BMWs appear rather hard compared to humans. Since last Tuesday I have some first hand experience here ... being the human in that comparison.

Just letting you know that I had some very good luck, and for the impact being really hard I feel extrodinary well (just not nice to look at now I suppose ;) )... and most likely there will be no permanent damage. I hope to be able to go on extended walks again in a couple of weeks.

Just cannot post any pictures now since I did not have the chance to take any, not even from inside the ambulance ;).
My plans here have been sort of interrupted.

5.gif

ooops, so you're ok? That's the most important part of this story. But yeah, what happened?
(remember, I said: no standing in the middle of the street taking pictures of da ladies!)

pascal

BMWs appear rather hard compared to humans. Since last Tuesday I have some first hand experience here ... being the human in that comparison.

Just letting you know that I had some very good luck, and for the impact being really hard I feel extrodinary well (just not nice to look at now I suppose ;) )... and most likely there will be no permanent damage. I hope to be able to go on extended walks again in a couple of weeks.

Just cannot post any pictures now since I did not have the chance to take any, not even from inside the ambulance ;).
My plans here have been sort of interrupted.

I don't like what you're saying here.....let us all know how you and are what went wrong.

Be well.....:wink:

thanks for your sympathies :) well, it was a pedestrians crossing and I was the pedestrian. the whole story is a bit complicated as more than one car was involved, ... but anyway, I was hit by one car from the right. Everyone who witnessed the scene got rather shocked since it apparently looked horrible and life-threatening. But: probably NO FRACTURES (at least those bones which got x-rayed). But the soft matter around suffered a bit. Painful, but harmless as it appears. Regarding my head and neck I probably got saved by the small backpack I was wearing.

Most likely my planned photographic hike end of June will be affected in some way though. I have to wait and see how fast my right leg recovers, which got most of the direct impact of the first two contacts with the car.

OUCH!!!!

Good to know it wasn't more serious then pains.....

Having that last scotch will do it every time! :lmao:

Get better soon! :thumbup:

Oh noooo!!! Sorry to hear the mishap. The important thing is that you're alive and kicking. Glad to hear that it wasn't anything too serious.

Sending you good vibes from this end.

Most likely my planned photographic hike end of June will be affected in some way though. I have to wait and see how fast my right leg recovers, which got most of the direct impact of the first two contacts with the car.
Oh Alex, sorry to hear of the run-in with the BMW, but am happy to hear you're expected to make a full recovery. :hug:: When I read the first post, I wondered if it would affect your June hike (was it Sweden?) .... here's hoping the leg recovers quickly so that you can still go.

Ouch indeed. I've come close a couple of times as a pedestrian, but not actually made contact. I guess the closest would be coming off a motorbike, which I've done a few times - bouncy, bouncy

Edit: Don't forget to get well soon

Good thing you're ok! I'm sure it could have been worse.

now you have a good excuse to really take it easy!

Ouch!
That's where you hid! Because you got hit! Oh, bad.

I'm just so glad to hear that it is "only" the tissue that suffered. But an all bruised leg can also make you suffer! It hurts. But it will heal more easily than broken bones.

And head and neck are ok, thanks to the rucksack.

HERE`s to your rucksack!!!!!

My BMW was much closer to where you normally are on that Tuesday but fortunately still not close enough to have been the one (no contact possible across another - how many kilometres are there - some 60? 80? between your place and my "home"-place). So I am just too happy to say that it cannot have been my BMW that sought direct contact with you.

Myself: I am still hoping to establish that ... maybe not quite AS close as that BMW did, but ... you know... ;)

well I know how you feel mate, having been run over by a hit and run driver when I was 11.

get well soon mucca

Could have been worse - could have been a Lada! Oh the shame! :mrgreen:

Get well soon, the best thing for bruising is to drink lots of beer, it doesn't heal the bruises but it lets you forget about them for a while!

Thanks all! :)

Already tried the whiskey and the beer ;)

I was really lucky, not just because it was not a Lada ;) The first doctor who saw me later that day after the emergency doctor, he talked to me and read the report of the accident ... then suddenly he only said OMG, this happened TODAY? He could not imagine me actually speaking with him cheerfully as I did on that very day of the accident.

I should consider myself very lucky :) And will do anything to get rolling towards Sweden (delayed now).
:)

Most reactions

Back