I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
decided to break out of my comfort zone and shoot something not people or dog related.
tried a few different angles...maybe i should have gone macro...
this is....artistic? some kind of statement? maybe? I dunno...seemed like a good idea at the time.
you know what? Im just going to go ahead and call a preemptive "artistic vision" on this one and let it ride...the lightning.

$P3130006.jpg
$P3130004.jpg
$P3130002.jpg

I love the lines in. I would say that the most interesting part of the syringe is the needle. Maybe pull the plunger out an inch or two

#1 is the best in my book, btw

I love the lines in. I would say that the most interesting part of the syringe is the needle. Maybe pull the plunger out an inch or two

#1 is the best in my book, btw

no needle here, so i composed it so that fact wasn't obvious. the plunger is all the way in to kinda match the vial being empty, giving the set a "used up" feeling.
well, that was the idea anyway.

I think I like #1 best as well. I was going for a haphazard look for the other two, of which i like #3 better.

I like them Pix. I looked through them a few times and my order of favorites would be #2, #1, and #3. Why? I feel that #2 is a little sharper and the lines make it better. #1 the label is a little dark and the "sweat" bubbles inside the vial draw my attention. #3 is a good compliment to the set.

Nicely done.

You don't see the point of the needle so it's not as menacing.

More gritty
$P3130006a.jpg

mho

I like the idea but I don't like the execution.

again, jmo

I like that background and lines,I think they're just perfect for your subject.... but I also think that you should be careful where you'll be placing your subject because of those lines. You should make two of them (the subject and lines) work together.

I would like to see the needle there.

No need for macro.

I like runnah's edit.

mho

I like the idea but I don't like the execution.

again, jmo

I like that background and lines,I think they're just perfect for your subject.... but I also think that you should be careful where you'll be placing your subject because of those lines. You should make two of them (the subject and lines) work together.

I would like to see the needle there.

No need for macro.

I like runnah's edit.

i felt that any deliberate "lining up" of the lines and the syringe or vial would make it look too staged. too forced. i didn't want any obvious patterns.
for this, i wanted it to feel more random. chaotic. Like they were used, then carelessly tossed there.
maybe I need to snag a needle and try this one again. I will call this a fail since the pictures obviously did not properly convey
the scene i had envisioned.

decided to break out of my comfort zone and shoot something not people or dog related.
tried a few different angles...maybe i should have gone macro...
this is....artistic? some kind of statement? maybe? I dunno...seemed like a good idea at the time.
you know what? Im just going to go ahead and call a preemptive "artistic vision" on this one and let it ride...the lightning.

View attachment 68528
View attachment 68527
View attachment 68526

Of the three, the third seems best.
The first and second seem more delibrate and not in keeping with any 'crazy' feeling. They look like the label was placed to be read and the syringe is discordant with the lines.
Get a needle on the syringe and a tiny drop from tip and we are dissolute.

there was my conundrum Lew. I wanted the labels legible, yet at the same time, not look staged.
If i can remember, i will snag a needle next shift and maybe try #3 again. I wonder if adding a tourniquet to the scene would help?

I would have got a needle with some water dripping out of it or something. That would have helped here.

I like and also thought of a little drop coming from a needle. Adding a tourniquet sounds good too.

Agree with what's been suggested - the needle is what will be the most disturbing element here; missing that, the images lack punch. Runnah's edit suits the subject matter very well.

You're on the right track. (Get it? Track? umm...) Definitely give this series another shot.

:mrgreen:

You're on the right track. (Get it? Track? umm...) Definitely give this series another shot.

:mrgreen:

Very punny indeed.

Ahh, one of mankind's most successful attempts at outdoing Mother Nature. Are you an EMT? or ridiculously lucky Burroughs study? I love the EMT field, in 2001 while deployed to Kosovo I got my EMT-B cert, but our deployment tempo picked up quite a bit as you know, and I didn't have the opportunity to follow up.

As far as the photos, I'd try out some wicked DoF effects, kind of give the viewer that blurred, out of focus "reality" the descendants of the poppy produce.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back