Hard to match Adobe lightroom

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am aware that you don't have to store your photos on the cloud with the Adobe lightroom subscription. Here in Ireland it coats 12.29 euros a month, that is approx 14.28 dollars monthly. I will admit to being thrilled when it launched as I could not afford or at least justify the cost of photoshop as an outright purchase. However I realize that this isn't an insignificant amount of money so I looked at alternatives the last few weeks.

I have trial downloaded Alien skin, Luminar (beta),ACDsee ,Affinity,OnOne as well as the free Lightzone. Each program has plus and minus points but ultimately Lightroom seems to be the best all-rounder for the way I edit. I will see how the fully functional Luminar ends up but I think unfortunately I'll have to just suck up the cost of Adobe subscription

If they meet your needs you can continue to use LR5.7 or LR6 as a standalone program for a few years or months. Hopefully a few of the other non-subscription based programs will mature by then....that's my plan.

Check out capture one pro. It’s the best Lightroom alternative on the market right now.

PhotoscapeX is a good one.

I picked up LR3 in 2010 and used it until I purchased the D750, this past summer. The only reason I switched was that version of Camera Raw was no longer updated and wouldn't support the D750.

Most reactions

Back