Harley Davidson Shoot - Maybe Not Safe @ Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicelord John

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've posted pics of this bike and it's owner on the web before and people seem to be offended by it, so if you are easily offended I'll warn you now. Also, please don't judge the guy or the bike, it's just the biker culture is different from what most of us are used to.

If you do look at the pics, please offer me any feedback you have. The idea is for these pictures to invoke some sort of outlaw feel to them. I think the location we shot really does that, but he was only available at 11am on a 105 degree day so the sun was shining bright. I asked him to find a day to meet me very early in the morning but he didn't want to. The pictures are for a magazine called Greasy Culture, and this shoot was a practice shoot. I want to be able to take some feedback from this site for the final shoot this weekend.

Thanks!!! and on to the pics!

DSC_37491.jpg

DSC_37591.jpg

DSC_37221.jpg

DSC_37631.jpg

DSC_37711.jpg

DSC_37761.jpg

DSC_37741.jpg

Great shots!

they are all good shots but number 6 really stands out!

i think #7 would have been better at a lower angle.

thanks guys, number 6 was my favorite in the set by far. I'm glad you feel the same.

I'm surprised two comments and no mention of the harsh lighting!

they dosnt look to harsh to me. its evident they have been taken in a bright sunny day (probably around noon by the look of the shadows)
I dont see extremely over exposed parts. it only made that chrome shine a little bitm more.

Yeah, you shouldn't see anything overexposed as I underexposed to compensate and brightened the shadows in photoshop. There is absolute minimum editing done in those pics. My girlfriend is a graphic designer and she is going to finish the editing now that I have cropped and adjusted levels to where I want them.

So I guess thanks for saying that, because I was really concerned about the lighting.

The exposure is pretty nailed on most of the shots, but too bad the subject is a Harley :lol:

Then again, it *does* look like it's in Mexico...so you're probably not far from where most of those parts were made (LOL @ the thought that Harley = American)

Harley wouldn't be my first choice either (I'm a brit bike guy) but it is a very cool shovelhead. Way before the parts were ever made in Mexico.

that's like knocking a 68 Camaro SS because you don't like where current Chevrolets are made.

Am I the only one who noticed the swastika in the 5th picture?

Edited to change 3 to 5, sorry just quickly counted, obviously wrong. :p

Last edited:
Am I the only one who noticed the swastika in the 3rd picture?

Probably, but you all were given fair warning that there are offensive things in this post.

I do appreciate though, how you pointed that out and gave no feedback. Your post is essentially useless, so thanks for stopping by. Now leave.

I dont know what that means... 1%? poser?

I don't believe so... I constantly hear him say "clubs are gay."

I must be blind...

I don't see the swastika in #3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back