Harsh C&C on any of the photos you want (strobistish practice)

Number 6 is the strongest for me, other than the hotspot in the background. Good job.

I would have to go with 6 as well(just a tad bit hot on the upper left forehead)

#1 Wish you had a catchlight on his glasses. A little flashlight should do the trick. But I like the shot.

I don't think 3 is that bad. The hair light is awesome but I would've reduced the standard front fill a bit and had it on an angle to get more of the subjects details.

#4 I wish the background was in focus...looks like a killer view. If it were in focus then I would kill the ambient just a tad to avoid it from overpowering your subject.

Thanks everyone! Just to clarify, I never used more than one light for any of these photos. Like number three was me showing him how you can use the sun as a main light and add a backlight for separation, but I do agree his is really white in that one.

Thanks again everyone!

I just love 5! I've looked at it several times because it just makes me want to laugh with him.

I absolutely HAD to snap that picture. One of those moments that I hope he can look at later and just laugh.

Oh and I forgot who said it but the ones with the cityscape blurred (including #5), yea, I don't know what I was thinking, I really should have tried harder to get that more in focus. BAH!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back