Harsh Winter (3 pics)

darin3200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
friedrichsphotography.com
The XP2 with a little toning on the last two.

lilac.jpg

pine.jpg

grass.jpg

All comments appreciated

I really like the last shot. :thumbup:

Good stuff, Darin. I'm all up in that first one - I bet it makes a beautiful print. :thumbup:

What kind of toning did you do? You mean in PS? I'd like to suggest that, for that second image, a cold blue toner (the real thing) would absolutely kick it. Blue toner and snow scenes like that are a match made in heaven. ;)

Thanks pursuer!
Terri: That's what I like about this film, I get 4x6 prints without printing all the negs and I can still make prints in the darkroom. Its PS toning of course, since I've yet to try the real toners, unless you know some organic ways, perhaps blueberries?
Here's a blue PS one though
pine2.jpg

No, I was talking about plain old Berg toners, nothing organic. (I've dyed a bromoil print with coffee and it turned out kinda cool, but I'm not sure I'll do much with organic compounds, for archival reasons.)

I like the PS "blue", but it really looks more lavender on my screen. :thumbup: It's pretty, though.

Here, I just checked my archives and this is an old infrared shot of mine that I toned with the Berg blue. It's easy, and you can do it at the kitchen sink if you want. (I masked off some areas and added color to the lettering with an oil pencil.)

But this is the blue tone I had in mind when I looked at your evergreen shot. You can see how different the tone is from PS. You may or may not like it, but I think it would look great in that snow! :)

584-dispensary.jpg

Most reactions

Back