Harvards in Formation

ThatCameraThingy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
125th-at-f8.blogspot.com
one more .

Canon EOS 30 (film) with 200 iso fuji. 100-300 USM lens at 300.

sorry can't remeber the exposure. Metered of the grass and locked in.

I think it was about 500th / f8

Hanno

PhspIMG010edit_filtered.jpg

Looks great Hanno. I'm interested in how you took the reading from the grass? I don't understand how you would do that?

no, the boards aren't busy...why do you ask? :biglaugh:

this is a great shot..very crisp and well composed. i like the bright orange against the greens and blues...well done! :thumbup:

JonMikal do I detect Sarcasm ??? if so then i supposed I was just being ignored.!!!

Brandon.

If I were to meter of the planes in the sky , chances are good that the meter would be folled into underexposing (because of the bright sky behind the planes) In order to correct this I would either have to dial in manual overexposure or lock in exposure before shooting. all of this asuming that the light source doesn't change.

cloudy weather thus complicates things because you would have to continually check your exposure.

In my case , i find that the grass is close to a neutral grey reading and that metering that and locking in keeps exposure close to what it should be even if i then point the camera into the air.

you could also meter of the back of your hand. provided that the same light stricking your hand , also stricks your subject.

hope this helps , sorry for the long post.

Hanno

ThatCameraThingy said:
JonMikal do I detect Sarcasm ??? if so then i supposed I was just being ignored.!!!

no, not ignored. you posted and then in 17 mins couldn't understand why you had no responses. be patient, people don't sit in the photo gallery waiting to jump on the next post. i've submitted images and have seen it drop to the bottom of the page with no comment after 2 - 3 hours of posting. it's all good and as interesting as your work is...you're sure to get noticed in time. :thumbup:

ThatCameraThingy said:
It's nice to be on a forum where the old hands are nice to the newbies

you sayin i'm old????? :playball: :spank: :eek:ldman: :Joker:

Well , let's see now.

any one who has time to take so many crow photos and post 4000+ post in a year must at leats be retired . At home all day . All the time in the world.

;)

Thanks for making my time on TPF so enjoyable. I'm hooked.
Just very scared of the phone bill. My dialup costs are gonna kill me!!!

Very cool shot. Love the colours on the planes. Nice stuff.!!!

I've seen pictures of Jon, he’s old, at least as old as me :)

Cool pic. These are ex-South African Air Force Harvards. The last ones to be retired in the world from an Air Force. These must be privately owned? Are they part of an aerobatic team. I belong to the Canadian Harvard Aircraft Association and all of ours were recently grounded for stress checks. Should be back in the air within a week or so.

Eric

AIRIC said:
I've seen pictures of Jon, he’s old, at least as old as me :)

Cool pic. These are ex-South African Air Force Harvards. The last ones to be retired in the world from an Air Force. These must be privately owned? Are they part of an aerobatic team. I belong to the Canadian Harvard Aircraft Association and all of ours were recently grounded for stress checks. Should be back in the air within a week or so.

Eric

I too would be happy with these shots. When Eric says they are cool, they are cool. Easy wtih the old comments.

Ok , I won't call anyone old again.

Eric - right on all accounts. Ex SAAF trainers. Privately owned. Flown and operated by Harvard Club of South Africa.

In this instance they were used to fly passengers on a half our trip around the Cape Town Area. Flips Cost R600. Thats about $100 i think. Flight were sponsored in part by Renault SA.

I Believe there are some pics of them on Airliners.net - none of my own though. They didn't even want this one.

Hanno

Most reactions

Back