Harvest Geese in Richmond Ontario

dewey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The almighty sun was against me most of today but I did manage a couple of shots I liked during a quick peak of sun just after noon today. Both were shot with a D50 and an 80-200 2.8 Nikon lens.

D50 Shot RAW format, ISO 200 - f/4 - 1/2000 - shot @ 200mm

geeseweb.jpg

D50 Shot RAW format, ISO 200 - f/10 - 1/60 - shot @ 200mm

harvester.jpg

the flying flock of geese are awsome to behold, the geese lining up on the ground makes for nice background.

Very interesting, your first photo here ... the AMOUNT of geese was enormous! Wow. I also like the farm building in the background, for it looks so different from what farms look like here.

Autumn is quite far advanced - which can be seen in the second photo - and they are still out harvesting whatever it is they harvest - wheat, barley? - all that has long gone from our fields here and the winter wheat is tiny green plants right now.

Thanks for the compliments. They were harvesting corn, but it is all dried out - perhaps they use the dried corn for animal feed? Where are the farmers on this board?

As for the quantity of geese, it was just the luck of being in the right place at the right time. I'll take all of the luck I can get! :mrgreen:

wow amazing shots

Most reactions

Back