Has anybody got 'No Name' BP-511 battery for Canon?

lukasgunar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all.
I'm just about to buy an additional battery for my Canon 30D. As the price of original (Canon) one is pretty high, I've checked some Third party ones, which cost much less and have higher capacity. I found one with capacity of 1800 mAh. I contacted the seller to find out who's the producer of that battery. I've got an answer, that the one he provides is No Name, made in China (as probably 90 % of everything we can buy on the market :) ) and the seller also mentioned that the battery comes with CE certificate which is required for all electronical equipment across European Union. I'm just wondering if such a No Name battery cannot destroy my camera because of higher voltage or so.
Does anybody have any experience with this stuff?

Thank you for any advice.

lukas

well, never used an off-brand battery, but some are ok i guess.

but i once saw an exploded fake canon battery ... that was not CE certified .. certainly ;)

SterlingTek.com

I among several photographers on here are happy users of those batteries. :thumbup:

Except for the Canon brand batteries that came with my 20D's, I've been using Sterling Tek batteries (about $11 each last time I checked) for the last 2 years with no problems.

I ordered some BP-511's for a friend's 30D and I got the NB-2LH's from SterlingTek.. excellent products at an amazing price. Can't say enough good about them, we're both very happy with these batteries.

i have one for my Canon 20D that i used in my Canon 20D prior to selling it.
There is no name on the battery and the packaging is long gone.
It lasts as long as the original Canon and cost me $35 from B&H a couple of years ago.

I did however have a no name battery for my Nikon Coolpix compact. It was fine to start with but after a few months it couldn't hold a charge for any more than a couple of weeks. When in use it would go straight from the charger to the camera and last about 15shots, then die. Useless.

Except for the Canon brand batteries that came with my 20D's, I've been using Sterling Tek batteries (about $11 each last time I checked) for the last 2 years with no problems.
Me too :thumbsup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back