Has anyone ever been on the Maid of the Mists?

Luna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited:
Several times. You will get SOAKED. Leave the camera at home or in a plastic bag. If you need pics, a good zoom from up above will do the job.

Or, since they make you wear raincoats and galoshes, you can keep the camera under the raincoat until you're far enough away from the mist/falls that you feel confident to take it out and grab a few pics. That's what I would do. [And if it happens to still get a little mist on it, just make sure you wipe it down afterwards.]

you will get wet. bring a plastic bag. maybe you can quickly take it out and shoot a few. you should be fine.

You'd be better off carting a manual film body aboard with you. I've put my Canons through a workout waterwise and they keep going, long after anything that would toast a modern camera.

it was lots of fun...

YOU WILL GET SOAKED.. I mean more than your shower SOAKED... I mean category 5 on the wet side of the Hurricane soaked. I got some great pictures with my 1d-markII + 24-105L which has survived many wet adventures. At some point, the water was coming down SO hard that I pulled the camera underneath my poncho just in case.

You get less wet (relatively) if you head below deck and observe from the side... but there's no fun in that...

Ziplock bag with a hole cut in it for the lens to peak through and sealed (with tape?) around the outermost ring of the lens perhaps?

Most reactions

Back