Has Anyone Heard of Trash The Dress after the Wedding Photoshoots?

What a cool idea. I did my first bridal shoot yesterday. We were having to be
so careful not to get anything on that dress!! EEEk.

Great idea, that would be so cool for the couple to be like rock climbing a little at the Garden of the Gods. Yes my wifes dress is sealed at her mother's house so I don't have to store it at mine. Great idea, I want to see your pics after you do this.

I did my first trash the dress shoot a couple of weeks ago for my cousin. It was so much fun, the only bad part was that it ended up being cold, so we couldn't do any fountain shoots like we wanted to therefore there wasn't really too much "trashing".
One fun thing we did was go to the restaurant where they had their first date. We plan on doing it again this summer once it's warmer so we can run through fountains and have more fun outside.

Here is a link to a blog about an "Us" shoot, a very similar idea, with a lot of great pictures and ideas. http://blog.mclellanstudio.com/index.php?blog=3&title=the_us_shoot&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1 Who would of thought of taking pictures in a laundromat?
Here is a link to the session I did with my cousin. She was anxious to see them so I didn't do much post-processing, more stylizing--is that a word? http://picasaweb.google.com/JennysLens/NatalieAndRyanTrashTheDress I know they aren't the best--I'm just getting started, feel free to give me a critique so I can improve!

One more thing, about the rain protection. I needed a quick rain cover one day, so I just went to my closet and grabbed an old wind breaker that i hadn't work in a few years (you could get one at a thift store) and cut off the sleeve at the elbow, and put it over my lens. My filter protected the glass, and my hood kept the rain drops off the lens. It isn't the most professional looking thing in the world, although it might look okay if it was made out of a black wind breaker.

Okay, I think this is long enough. Let us know how it all goes!!

Great first post, welcome to the forum.

One of the nicest things that can be done with a wedding dress is to use it to make a christening outfit. These outfits can be, and are, passed from generation to generation.

And they don't take up anywhere near as much closet space.

The idea of trashing a dress after a wedding makes me want to vomit. I literally feel sick to my stomach. And it kind of angers me. It seems immature. All that money and time and sentiment. It should be put away and treasured, or at least the least - donated.

At first I thought 'You've got to be insane' as I envisioned people literally trashing their dresses (think.. oh.. mustard).
Once I seen the link bigmike posted it wasn't so bad.
If you could get past the whole 'I'm sitting on sharp jagged rocks in a $1000+ dress' then I think it'd be so fun. The pictures speak for themselves.
I will definatley try to convice my friend of this, although I doubt she'll agree as she probably plans to store it until she's 60 and try to get back in it (what girl doesnt do that.... :) ).

Thanx Zendianah for informing us of this new and exciting trend.

I will definatley try to convice my friend of this, although I doubt she'll agree as she probably plans to store it until she's 60 and try to get back in it (what girl doesnt do that.... :) ).

Thanx Zendianah for informing us of this new and exciting trend.

I've convinced a few of my friends to do this, and each of their dresses have come out clean once they took it to the dry cleaner to have it preserved. I figure if the dry cleaner can get out a wine spill, then surely he can get out a little dirt.

I like the Trash the Dress idea! The pictures are so much more amazing than regular Wedding photos, and if you can get the dirt out whats the harm!

My wife and I are going on a trip for our 5th anniversary, and will be trashing the dress on St. Bart island.

We did something similar but not to the real dress. She bought a used dress off Ebay for cheap to do some "prop" shots of her getting very dirty in the dress. Was a good joke.

I had never heard of it before, but I really like the idea! I'm going to hawaii this year and now I'm thinking about taking my wedding dress and getting some good photos! :eek:)

I dont understand why they can't rent out a wedding dress??? I mean you only wear it once right?....maybey its a guy thing :)

Most reactions

Back