Has anyone made their own filters?

CSRDesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking to make my own filter and was wondering if someone had some tips or tricks or a list of supplies that you can use to make your own filter.

I have a couple ideas that I want to try out. The most interesting one that I want to try is cutting a glass coke bottle to fit in the filter ring, having the neck of the bottle come out the front of the camera, so the focusing sensor only will focus on the middle. I think, not really sure, that the glass will warp the image and give it a cool effect.

What do you all think?.... also I couldnt find the most appropriate topic for this (this was the best I could do)

If anyone else has made their own filters what would I need to do... also if anyone has any ideas on different kinda filters to make let me know :)

-Matty R-

You can make a cheap IR filter from an unexposed but developed Negative Film :) Much cheaper than a Hoya R72 that's for sure. I also saw someone make a custom shaped bokeh by cutting a shaped hole out of black paper and putting it over the lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back