Has anyone tried Sterlingtek batteries?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by sothoth, Feb 18, 2007.

1. sothoth

sothoth TPF Noob!

Has anyone bought spare (or replacement) batteries from Sterlingtek? Any feedback on their quality/performance? Certainly the price is good. I bought a replacement batter for my portable phone for $10, when the branded battery was $39.99. It has been performing wonderfully for over a year. Anyone else tried them for camera batteries? Did you get what you payed for or is it just a good deal? I don't think there's much rocket science to making batteries so I don't think there should be a hurdle (in quality) for much less $$ than the camera company produces them.

Their link is www.sterlingtek.com

2. midget patrol

midget patrol TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I bought two replacement EN-EL3 batteries for my D50 from them. The sterlingtek versions actually provide a longer shot-life than the Nikon batteries do. They both worked great until one of them stopped working all together. The other one still works fine.

3. sothoth

sothoth TPF Noob!

How long before failure?

4. Jakpro

Jakpro TPF Noob!

I have used Sterlingtek batteries for a couple of years and have had nothing but excellent results and service from their batteries.

I use them in 4 different cameras and their capacity is usually much improved over the OEM batteries.

5. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have also been using Sterlingtek batteries for several years. They last longer than the Canon battery and are certainly cheaper. The customer service is also very good.

Highly recommended.

6. midget patrol

midget patrol TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    A few months. I didn't really keep track. It was cheap enough and i got enough use out of that i was able to throw it out and not think twice.

7. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't know for sure...but if one of their batteries failed in a few months...I'd bet that they would replace it for you. But as mentioned...one battery is only around $12 so it's not a big deal.

8. ericande

ericande TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    $12?!?! dang that's cheap. Anyone know if they perform equal or better to Nikon OEM batteries at high altitudes and in cold air? I could much more easily afford about 4 of these for trips.

9. sothoth

sothoth TPF Noob!

Just bought a 2-pack of Canon knockoff batteries from Sterlingtek for ~$30. They're 1700mAh instead of the ~750mAh battery that came with the camera, so in theory they should last ~3x as long. I guess for that price I won't freak out if one fails, but since the feedback has been so good and my experience with their knockoff phone battery was so good, I think it's a reasonably safe bet.

Thanks for the feedback from everyone.