Has anyone tried Thumbtack?

Not for photography, but I looked for something on their site (don't remember what). Seems like the choices locally were awful and some weren't even necessarily local.

And I'm not reading those Terms, they go on for a day and a half! lol and why is it I had to hunt fo find an address and where their office is (where they supposedly have foosball?! lol). Makes me wonder when somebody is running a business but doesn't seem to want to be found.

I used them on my teachers chair once.

A fellow photographer I met told me Thumbtack is bs, because the clients often mislead the photographers about how much they willing to pay. The clients ended up paying lower than what they posted on Thumbtack.

I've picked up a few gigs just for fun off of Thumbtack. The buyer says an amount or a range and as many as 5 providers make a bid. If they choose you they contact you and you make the deal with the buyer.
Thumbtack gets their money from you when you buy chits to use for bidding. Never had a problem although I've only done a few small gigs - being retired I leave the big stuff for folks looking to put food on the table.
I've noticed a lot of weddings recently on Thumbtack - I don't do weddings anymore!!!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back