Has this ever happened to you?

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by Bull Goose, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Bull Goose

Bull Goose TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I bought an SD card today for one of my cameras, and after I took a few pictures with it I plugged it in to my computer to look at them. I was a bit suprised that my computer recognized the camera as a D40, which it is not, but I thought it might just be a glitch. I opened up the contents of the card, and it turns out that there are indeed already pictures on the card, some taken by a D40, some by some Canon, and the ones I took. There's no indication on the package that it's refurbished or anything. From looking at the pictures, it looks like someone used the card at some sort of seminar, then popped it back in the package. Based on the pictures, I don't think I'll be taking classes from whoever was teaching this one.
    Here's a sample:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kinda strange eh?

2. Scurra

Scurra TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Was this from a proper store, or did you buy the card from ebay or something?

It would be even more weird if it was from a store.. Like someone popped it back into the packaging and refunded it and the store staff never noticed.

3. Bull Goose

Bull Goose TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It was from a proper store, Henry's, which is a fairly large chain here in Ontario, Canada. I'm not too worried about it, except that they sold something that's used as being new. I don't think it was a return, I think it was a store employee that used it at a Henry's seminar. If you look closely in the 1st picture you can see the Henry's logo on a poster. Nice people otherwise though.

4. Scurra

Scurra TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Heh, thats certainly the first time I've seen anything like that happen before.

5. Bull Goose

Bull Goose TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    This is my first time posting pictures on here (not even my own, heh), and I've just noticed that they're a bit huge. Any advice on how to shrink them?