Has this ever happened to you?

Bull Goose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought an SD card today for one of my cameras, and after I took a few pictures with it I plugged it in to my computer to look at them. I was a bit suprised that my computer recognized the camera as a D40, which it is not, but I thought it might just be a glitch. I opened up the contents of the card, and it turns out that there are indeed already pictures on the card, some taken by a D40, some by some Canon, and the ones I took. There's no indication on the package that it's refurbished or anything. From looking at the pictures, it looks like someone used the card at some sort of seminar, then popped it back in the package. Based on the pictures, I don't think I'll be taking classes from whoever was teaching this one.
Here's a sample:
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

CSC_0017.jpg

Kinda strange eh?

Was this from a proper store, or did you buy the card from ebay or something?

It would be even more weird if it was from a store.. Like someone popped it back into the packaging and refunded it and the store staff never noticed.

It was from a proper store, Henry's, which is a fairly large chain here in Ontario, Canada. I'm not too worried about it, except that they sold something that's used as being new. I don't think it was a return, I think it was a store employee that used it at a Henry's seminar. If you look closely in the 1st picture you can see the Henry's logo on a poster. Nice people otherwise though.

Heh, thats certainly the first time I've seen anything like that happen before.

This is my first time posting pictures on here (not even my own, heh), and I've just noticed that they're a bit huge. Any advice on how to shrink them?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back