Hasselblad X1D - Excited to what the future may bring!

jake337

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is anyone else as excited as me to see this?

What will Pentax, Mamiya, leica, etc bring to the competition next?

Will we see true medium format sized sensors in our lifetime? Large format?

X1D - Hasselblad

Last edited:
I don't know if I am excited about it but I was very interested when I saw this camera. It is a pretty penny or two but it will very interesting to see images from it.

(If I win the lottery, I'll get one as an everyday, walk around camera for street.)

I am not sure I'd call the Alpa a "mirrorless" in the sense we're familiar.

It's more of a technical camera, like the Graflex XLS.

I don't know if I am excited about it but I was very interested when I saw this camera. It is a pretty penny or two but it will very interesting to see images from it.

(If I win the lottery, I'll get one as an everyday, walk around camera for street.)

That's why in excited to see something at this price point from Hasselblad. It will only mean more competition and possibly an affordable MF walk around system in the future.

This is a pretty big product, I think. It's more in line with a Mamiya 7. Only it's Hasselblad .... so it will cost more and will probably jam up.

And yes. I am very sure that Sony, Mamya or Fuji will definitely produce something like this very soon.

In fact, if I were to guess given what a blunder Sony/Hasselblad products had been in the past, this might even be a Sony camera yet to be released.

Under 10K? (i hadn't read the whole article)

Ok then. I'd almost be suprised if this isn't a rebranded Sony.

This is a pretty big product, I think. It's more in line with a Mamiya 7. Only it's Hasselblad .... so it will cost more and will probably jam up.

Hasselblad X1D vs Sony A7r II vs Canon 5DS vs Pentax 645D: Size Comparison

Pun clearly unintended :)

It's actually pretty small. I wonder how it compares against a Mamiya 7 or Fuji GA645?

Here's the X1D to compare.
Weight (inc. batteries) 725 g (1.60 lb / 25.57 oz)
Dimensions 150 x 98 x 71 mm (5.92 x 3.86 x 2.81″)

I'll add that this is what the Leica SL should have been.

Most reactions

Back