Hasselblads

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by Bryant, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Bryant

Bryant TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So I recently had the oppurtunity to shoot the brand new Hassy and it was unbelievable. I am into collecting older cameras and I though why not get an old Hasselblad. I found this on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Hasselblad-A24-Back-Magazine-chrome-Latest-Slide-Exc_W0QQitemZ290259354289QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290259354289&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

That's so cool, I like the other film one that is going for $400, but I dont have that money to spend on a fun camera. Is this a good camera to have fun with? Also, are there any other older cameras that are great fun to use, out of the ordinary like an accordion camera or anything?

Also, what kind of film can you run through it? Can i run 120 from my holga or throw in a 35?

Thanks

2. Bryant

Bryant TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Oh I didn't buy it, i got to use a friends hassy H3DII and i thought that was one of the older film cameras.

3. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey Bryant, if you're interested in the 'older' Hasselblads, you could look for a good example of the 1600F (in working order) with the 80mm Ektar lens. It's the first of the Hasselblad MF cameras and it made a great impact on most major camera makers.

Occasionally they show up on eBay but you have to be on the watch all the time. Best times to win them is when the auction ends on a holiday (Thanksgiving, X-mas, New Year's eve, Super Bowl and so on). That's how I got mine, a nice example of an 1600F with the 80mm Ektar in working condition for $104.00 plus shipping.

But most of the other series, especially the 500 series, are mainly users' cameras.