Hate to do this...

You say you have a "full manual Minolta film SLR". Bottom line if it's a manual focus camera / lens ,they (the lenses) won't work on a Sony DSLR. They have to be auto focus Maxxum / Dynax lenses. ( "A" mount )
Good catch I didn't see that when I first read the post. Yes only lenses with AF will work on the Alpha bodies. but them again You can pick them up for dirt cheap also. I've seen the majority of my lenses sell for under $100. on ebay

Does the A200 come in a kit? If not, what two lenses should I have? I have a 28 and a 135 for the Minolta, if it helps.

You say you have a "full manual Minolta film SLR". Bottom line if it's a manual focus camera / lens ,they (the lenses) won't work on a Sony DSLR. They have to be auto focus Maxxum / Dynax lenses. ( "A" mount )

The Minolta is full manual. My Dad's old camera, 78-79 model year.

Thanks for the help. Where in NL are you?

The A200 comes in a couple kits. one is 18-70 mm. It's not the greatest of lenses but it is a kit lens. For the extra 100 it cost I would say it's worth it. You can pick up all kinds of used Minolta lenses for dirt cheap for that camera I have a few for sale in the buy/sell section all are under $100 ea. and all great lenses. The only reason I am selling them is my grandmother passed and I inherited all her equipment and allot of it I already have. the 70-210 I have is a 105-315mm on the alpha bodies and takes unbelievable pics. That would cover your long rage pics. I think I'm asking $75.00 for it. I also have a 35-70 and a 35-105 with macro switch I am only selling one. I don't care which one there both the same to me. They are both great for portraits I think I have them up for like $60. and the kit lens you can buy is a good walk around lens.between those 3 lenses you should be set for a while. They also have a kit with 2 lenses one is the 18-70 and a (i think a 70-200) but for the cost your better picking up a used Minolta lens which is allot more sharp and the colors are more brillaint than the Sony kit lenses. If you do shop on ebay for lenses beware of what you are buying alot of the lenses on there are good but there are also a ton of low end lenses that are not worth the hassle. If you need any questions let me know. I have been shooting with the Minolta line for over 20 years ,so I have a bit of knowledge on it.

Most reactions

Back