Haunted Rose

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Paparazzi Paul, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Paparazzi Paul

Paparazzi Paul TPF Noob!

This was just taken today. I liked the back lighting at the time with the old spider web with that shriveled up rose husk.

[​IMG]

2. spiralout

spiralout TPF Noob!

Wow, that's a beautiful shot, Paul! I love the backlighting myself. How did you get that backlight but manage to frame it against such a dark BG? The only thing that I don't like are those patches of green around the flower. Are theyfrom you trying to get rid of a brighter green BG?

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh, quite the photo for me! I am a big big fan of backlit plants, flowers, herbs, ears of corn, whatever!

I like the naturally dark background (of trees, I would assume) with the dark green and lighter but still dark green patches. This is how you see it, this is how you captured it. Good one! I might put up "my" nettle here, for comparison? Or the thistle? (For, as a matter of fact, I have taken similar photos only a couple of days ago and got back the results today - unfortunately they lose quite some of their sharpness in the scanning process).