Havasu National Wildlife Refuge

Oh My... there are gorgeous!

Great framing, composition, and post. Just excellent!

--
Looks like there might be a touch of magenta noise in the water but I only mention it because I think it might show up too much you you print these - at least I think it would on my ink-jet.

I've lived in AZ for 9 years and haven't made it there yet ... now I see that I must! Very nice!

I like them.. in particular i like horizontal the layers of different colour!

Two nice shots. I'd like to see the first one with less foreground and more mountain.

but he shows all the mountain there is!

and the foreground is calm and beautiful anyway .. guess everybody sees things differently when it comes to landscapes.

Oh My... there are gorgeous!

Great framing, composition, and post. Just excellent!

--
Looks like there might be a touch of magenta noise in the water but I only mention it because I think it might show up too much you you print these - at least I think it would on my ink-jet.

Thanks. I doubt these or other shots taken on my old 990 will ever see ink. Most are being prepared for presentations as slides, so I don't worry too much about certain details.

I've lived in AZ for 9 years and haven't made it there yet ... now I see that I must! Very nice!

It's taken me 20 years to see most of the California Mojave. That's only about half the size of the area I'd like to see in Arizona. Pick a spot and have at it. I got to start driving faster if I want to see it all.

I like them.. in particular i like horizontal the layers of different colour!

Thanks Alex.

Two nice shots. I'd like to see the first one with less foreground and more mountain.

Thanks. Sckootch up closer to the screen.

or like this?
720-nm.jpg

but he shows all the mountain there is!

and the foreground is calm and beautiful anyway .. guess everybody sees things differently when it comes to landscapes.

Thanks again Alex. For me it's all about being there- getting to shoot it.

That newest shot is really nice. It looks like one of those beautiful earth-like planets from the old Star-Trek episodes that they explore.

That newest shot is really nice. It looks like one of those beautiful earth-like planets from the old Star-Trek episodes that they explore.

Thanks Marcus- Sometimes it is very beautiful and earth-like here :)

BTW, the newest shot is of the 'Needles', south of Topock Az. along the Colorado River. It took me 4 trips and trys to get the shot the way I wanted. Note the -boat- in the water, for scale.

The Mojave has had countless movies made throughout. I know a couple guys whose hobby is to go find and match scenes and reshoot. They can be pretty exact too. That reminds me, I need to make another trip out to Vasquez Rocks with my new cameras, where quite a few of Star Treks (and others) were shot.

Most reactions

Back