Have a look and see.. Nature!!!!

HoboSyke

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
AN oldie but a goodie.. SHot this years ago and just resurfaced it from an old pc...! :lmao:

copyofsunrise3aw4.jpg

Oooo, goodie indeed.
Yes about the tilt.
MORE YES about the wonderful, wonderful colours here!

HoboSyke said:
Thanks, however I do not agree about the tilt.. No horizon runs completely horizontal.
Errm, if you hold the camera horizontally (or tilt and crop accordingly afterwards), you will get something pretty close to an horizontal horizon, in particular when at the sea. That is what graviation does for you ;)

I agree, it will be bent down on both sides abit, but you could hardly notice, and that effect of the earth being round is a symmetric one.

Aynway, as said the bending of the horizon is always minimal at the sea, if you sea a large bending it most likely lens distortion.

Oh, and before I forget, the colours and also the whole scene are beautiful :) I would tilt it, and crop it to get 2/3 sky and then print it.

Well, water can only be absolutely level and you would need to be very far away and up to see that the earth is round. In a frame like this, water can only show level ... and here it needs a rotation of 1° clockwise. I checked it.

I long to get colours like that in a sunset, infact I long to see a sunset. It's been sooooo grey here for over a week

Wow gorgeous colors, thanks for sharing this, I rarely see purple in a sunset.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back