Have any of you of you bought from shopgoodwill.com?

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking at ( shopgoodwill.com - Categories ) there are some good deals on there maybe, but they give very little discription.
Have any of you bought anything on here? I'm not really looking to buy anything, just messing around.

I buy a lot of stuff from their actual stores. Signed up right after they set up the site, but never bought anything. Kind of forgot about it. Can't even remember my sign in info. Guess I should fix that. Never know where you'll find a deal.

I buy a lot of stuff from their actual stores. Signed up right after they set up the site, but never bought anything. Kind of forgot about it. Can't even remember my sign in info. Guess I should fix that. Never know where you'll find a deal.

Some of the listings for lenses just say "Camera lens" and on a listing like that you may just find something really great, or a piece of junk! LOL
There are some Leicas on there, that could be a good deal if you know what you were looking at, which I don't know much about Leica, other than they are high priced!

Bought some stuff, but nothing photographic. Books, mostly.

Bought some stuff, but nothing photographic. Books, mostly.

I didn't think of books, camera stuff is the first thing in my mind! LOL But that is a good idea! :)

I bought a lens from them a while back. It was fine, a 200mm Pentax, I think it was. Haven't used it much, only because I don't do much these days with long focal lengths. It was a little bit loose but that was easily fixed with a shim. I might have bought more but I keep forgetting about them.

As for the Leicas - yes, they are mostly expensive, but remember that not all Leicas were created equal, and some models carry the name but not nearly the quality of the models that really made Leica's reputation.

As for the Leicas - yes, they are mostly expensive, but remember that not all Leicas were created equal, and some models carry the name but not nearly the quality of the models that really made Leica's reputation.

Some of them look pretty crummy, and those are cheap! There isn't a camera (or anything else for that matter) brand out there that doesn't have a cheap model that just rides on the name. :)

I've bought vintage cameras from them, you're just taking a chance on condition. From the pictures it's often hard to tell and usually the store doesn't know or give the working condition. That's fine if it's a camera I could display and not necessarily use. There's no returning it so what you buy is what you get. Some go really cheap so it can be worth trying it if you don't mind ending up possibly with just a fixer upper.

I've bought vintage cameras from them, you're just taking a chance on condition. From the pictures it's often hard to tell and usually the store doesn't know or give the working condition. That's fine if it's a camera I could display and not necessarily use. There's no returning it so what you buy is what you get. Some go really cheap so it can be worth trying it if you don't mind ending up possibly with just a fixer upper.

I really like using the older lenses, and I think I may be able to get a good deal on here.
You take just as much of a chance on old lenses on ebay. And you are going to pay more!

I bought some used underwear...jk. I too have bought books, some computer parts. I bought a pentax lens that looked horrible in the pics but was minty fresh, other than the normal Goodwill / Salvation Army musty smell.

Most reactions

Back