Have Hat...No Horse

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by woodsac, Jan 3, 2007.

1. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ok...I've been holding off on posting this...but I've got thick skin :mrgreen:

Kind of rough...kind of gay? I just don't know. Usually if I don't like part of my image, I just trash it. But this one also has something I do like.

I know the lower left corner is dark, but the fill on that side of the jacket made it look like it had been over sharpened. But maybe I went too dark? I was working in a very small area, so I couldn't get any more separation from the bg. Wish I could have been further away, and opened up the aperture a bit. But...there's a lot of 'wish I could have's'...this is what I got.

[​IMG]

2. Neophyte Photographer

Neophyte Photographer TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the way it fades right to left. The only thing that I'm not sure about is the little bit of the hat heading out of the frame. It'd be nice if there was a little detail in the bottom left corner, but it honestly doesn't bother me a whole lot.

3. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the feedback...on all points. I have more room to work with on the right side. So if the hat turns out to be a problem, I can just recrop :)

4. gizmo2071

gizmo2071 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You did a great job with the lighting, working in small area. (I think thats my biggest problem, I have no space to sepearte things from backgrounds and just as little space between the camera and subject.)

The textured background works well. I think if it was all one colour then you'd have had the problem of blending into that, but here you can see clear seperation.
    I like the shadow the drops down the right hand side of your face and hat.
    I won't comment on the clothing choice :p:p:p
    Still has a slight darkness to it and can tell it's one of your images by the style.

Naaice.