Have I been ripped off?

hahastar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score

Just got a used sekonic 308BII from ebay for 128USD. It has scratch all over the place, and it does not come with any accessories. I can live without soft case, strap, sync cord cap. But it does not even has lumidisk. I am new to studio lighting, but from what I heard, lumidisk is necessary when metering separate lights. I will do studio lighting a lot in the future. Can I do this without lumidisk or should I ask for my money back. The seller did not mention no accessories in the description, it did not say it has either.
Thanks

Maybe this is just with other products, but if I don't see accessories listed in the item description I don't expect them. For example, if I buy a laptop on ebay with no accessories in the description, I don't expect a case, wireless card, and notebook mouse to come with my purchase. I'm not familiar with your product though, so maybe I am thinking out of context.

well, the lumidisc is the core part of the lighter meter. Use your example notebook, it will be like battery. Don't you expect your laptop come with a battery unless specify otherwise?

in the UK they sell for about £90 for a 2nd hand COMPLETE one in a shop with a 6-12 month guarantee.

did it have the dome in the photos on ebay?

it has the lumisphere, but not the lumidisc. Do i need it for the studio lighting?

Ooh I see hahastar, sorry I'm not knowledgable of that product so I wasn't sure! :)

If you have just got it, I would first confirm that it did not say anything about " No accessories ". Then I would get in touch with the seller and say that his description did not mention no accessories and that you did not receive the key things to make it work, e.g. Lumadisk. If he says that it was an oversight, you are good to go. If he becomes an a$$, ask for a refund. If he becomes a bigger a$$, give him negative feedback and report him to Ebay. Most of us that had have experience with Ebay will agree that most sellers are OK. However there are some that spoil it for everyone. The amount of money you spent, does seem a little high, but that is one of the things that you see afterwards. Hindsight is an exact science.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back