Have no clue.....

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot this from the other side of the Thames, but don't know what the "Big Boy" is. Some of your Brits might fill me in........;) As most modern structures today, they seem out of place within the architecture of older cities.

7985-DontKnowTPF.jpg

Good perspective of new and old and I think that is canary walf(sp) :mrgreen:

Thats known as 'The Gherkin'.... amongst the tallest buildings in london... some people refer to it as the 'Swiss Re building' because of the business that occupies it..... but its official name is '30 St Mary Axe'.....

I know all this because i designed some banners to promote the fact it won a RIBA award for design. (one of my best clients to date) ;)

Thats a good shot if it :thumbup:

Thats known as 'The Gherkin'.... amongst the tallest buildings in london... some people refer to it as the 'Swiss Re building' because of the business that occupies it..... but its official name is '30 St Mary Axe'.....

I know all this because i designed some banners to promote the fact it won a RIBA award for design. (one of my best clients to date) ;)

Thats a good shot if it :thumbup:

Thanks......Gherkin as in type of pickle for it's shape or someone's name???

"RIBA" stands for???? Congratulations!

yea, as in the pickle for its shape ;)

RIBA = Royal Institute of British Architects..... i guess some poeple thought it was good huh!.... although the design is innovative, for me it is a bit garish.

i just got back from london. i got a few shots of that as well. i hope they come out...

Most reactions

Back