have you ever considered...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by mentos_007, Aug 28, 2004.

1. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    ... a suicide? I'm just asking, I know that it may be an odd topic, but today I read an article about people who committed... I mean the tried but somebody rescued them. It was really scary! What do you thing about it? Have you ever read something about it?

2. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes.

Long long time ago, when I was in school.. may be 8th or 9th grade. ... poor marks in one of the papers. Tried to get electrocuted... but something in me pulled me back.

I would now NEVER consider suicide as a way out. Its stupid. Suicide is another way of saying, "I am yeilding to you oh mighty Failure!".

3. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think after youve gotten some perspective, you always feel like its such a dumb decision, but in the moment, it always seems like a good option.

4. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

maybe once.....or four times... :lol:

md

5. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Yes, in highschool I lost my best friend to suicide. At age 13 you really don't have any coping mechanisms and I thought it would be a good way out of a really bad situation. Thank goodness I am still here today.

6. Osmer_Toby

Osmer_Toby TPF Noob!

i think about it all the time.

7. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That had better not be true! :? Or I'll kick your ass and won't take a picture of your poor dead body!! :x

I've never thought about it, for me. I knew TWO people back in high school who killed themselves. One was a confused druggie who kinda did it while he was stoned; we're not sure it was intentional. But the other was an amazingly bright boy, sweet, thoughtful, funny, he wore thick horn-rimmed glasses and didn't get the girls, but he and I were good buddies for years - he was just totally brilliant....sat in his parent's car and left the engine running in an enclosed garage. I was stunned then; I still am when I think about it. To this day I am nauseated that he didn't call me when he was at that point, and I'll always wonder if I could have talked him through the moment.... Matthew D. Why, sweetie, why??? I'll never get past it, I guess. A freaking waste of a beautiful mind.

8. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Terri, I completely understand. I talked with Jason just hours before he put a gun to his head. I carried that guilt with me for years.

9. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've never thought about it. Never really been depressed like that. Had my ups and downs like everyone else.

One guy I worked with (didn't know him that well) was the guy that logged onto a chat room and proceeded to overdose while on his webcam.

10. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Never ever ever! So many other was to deal and cope with pain...

11. pilgrim

pilgrim TPF Noob!

I have been deeply, deeeeeeeply depressed, which was a side effect from some medication I was on, but suicide never crossed my mind. Like photogoddess says, there are other ways to cope with it, eventually I came off the medication and my depression went away.
    hows that quote go... "suicide is a permanent answer for a temporary problem"

12. Luminosity

Luminosity No longer a newbie, moving up!

My dads best friend commited suicide about 27 years ago....and my mums friend took her life about 5 years ago. Eileen had four young kids : at the time it happened they were 12 , 9 and one year old twins so my heart broke for them.

And I tried and nearly succeeded .. back when I was a messed up kid tryin to cope with a lotta stuff at 15.
    Took an whole lot of pills before goin to bed ...woke up about 4 hours later , knowing that I was slowly dying and groggily reviewed the two decisions that faced me :
    Stay in bed and continue giving up my life.
    Or get up and live.
    So I got up and went and woke my mother.
    Was in intensive care at the hospital for a week.
    And learnt one of the best lessons of my life.