Have you ever done anything this Dumb

firemedic0135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I go out today to take some more photographs and get all set up for my first pic and look at the lcd and there is 4 red blinking lines were my pictures remaining counter usually is and get a sinking feeling in my gut.AAAAGGGGGHHHHH:er: :banghead: I am a dumbass left my CF card in the reader with my puter.My wife was with me so it was all the more embarrassing.Oh well walked around for awhile and got some ideas and will try it again tommorow.

To make a mistake once is simply an oversight. It is a learning opportunity.

But to make the same mistake twice would be . . .

I've gone shooting and forgot to put film in my camera.

I made a 15 hour trip to florida to stay for 4 days to photograph a stunt event, only took one battery that was halfway dead, and forgot the charger at home, and the worst thing about it, I could have had my girlfriend overnight it to me really cheap cause we both work at fedex, but I didn't even think of that till the last night there. It wasn't a good week for me, but atleast I had my video camera with me lol.

I was in Northern Thailand visting a Hill Tribe village of the Karen tribes. Took a bunch of photos and then found out that the boarder was open to Myanmar(Burma) for that day and we could cross over. Took more photos, what a great day!

All of a sudden I realized I must be over 40 some shots on my roll of film. (I had a Canon AE-1 at the time) Then it struck me. I never made sure the leader had been taken up and the film wasn't winding!

S!*T!!!! and a few other choice words. Lost the whole days shots because I didn't verify I had the leader of the roll of film attached. I never did that again. I did other stupid stuff but not that.

Oh well walked around for awhile and got some ideas and will try it again tommorow
Consider it a scouting trip.

I've done so many stupid things on so many occasions, words can barely describe. I keep a spare CF card in my camera case, it's small but enough for an emergency. I went to New Zealand with my wife for a once in a lifetime vacation, had great photo spots picked out all over both islands, and when I arrived I opened my camera bag to see I had everything BUT the camera. :)

Nothing like buying an overpriced point-and-shoot in NZ to get us through the vacation. Good thing NZ dollars are cheaper than US.

That stupid move is just the tip of the iceberg.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back