Have you heard of Sound Choice?

BarbM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've just gotten an offer from Sound Choice to make some of my photos availiable for download as mobile phone backgrounds (paying $0.05 - $0.08 per download). Has anyone everheard of these guys? Is this sort of thing on the level? I feel out of my depth here.

Thanks!

Never heard of em...research it? google it? is it UK based or in America? what is their website? whats the worst that could happen? :p

When you check out Sound Choice they're a karaoke site, but eventually you get to CloneTones.com, that's the mobile phone company - they're sending me a sample contract and FAQ - so more to follow. At this point I may just go for it in to see what it's all about.

OH, they look like a US company.

barb,

i know you havent been a member here long, so forgive me if this sounds very up front.

but i cant for the life of me wonder why you would want to sell your work for so cheap? if anything, enlarge them, matte them, and sell them somewhere for 30 or 40 bucks a pop. i just know that personally, i could never justify seeing my hard work on someones cell phone.

my .02 cents.

md

I just got their contract to look at. It's non-exclusive, and the images are small, so it doesn't interfere w/ sales of high-res stuff I have posted royalty free.

but i cant for the life of me wonder why you would want to sell your work for so cheap?
At this point I'm considering it in a spirit of exploration (of a new market).
What they are after are some of my whitewater shots. I didn't even know I could shoot action until I saw them on the laptop afterwards.

Yes, I'm new here - as far as photography goes, I'm new everywhere, so I don't have much time and money invested in myself as a photographer - yet. I'm learning a tremendous amount in just the last couple of weeks that I've been hanging around the forum... but right now, they're just images.

Most reactions

Back