Have you noticed?

i suppose that im also a target of this thread because i never capitalize and i typically only use apostrophes when i feel like it. and im younger than 30.

if you think im dumb because i dont capitalize, then im inclined to think youre dumb to judge me based on my internet typing. im not here to impress you and its pathetic that you (the collective you rather than the OP or anyone else in this thread) think i am.

my typing is grammatically correct. if you dont like my posts because i dont capitalize, then dont read them.

i think its pretty dumb to think that typing on forums or in IMs or in text messaging is how people actually type when they are writing something important.......

the only generalization i agree with is not wanting to read long posts.

I've seen people write resumés without capitals. That's bad. Actually, I wouldn't even bother with people like that, even for a part-time, low-level job. As for internet typing, frankly, lack of correct grammar and capitalization just makes you look uneducated and/or lazy. Such things are an annoyance on forums, but they are unforgivable in professional correspondence.

Oh, and Rufus: CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!!!

People have been shaking their fists in the air and decrying "KIDS THESE DAYS!!" at least as far back as Socrates... and the kids have always looked up at their elders and shook their heads in bemusement. Those kids then grew up to decry the next generation with just as much concern and disgust.

Mind you, I'm not going to start wearing my pants around my ankles, but I think learning a lesson from several hundred generations previous to us might be in order.

:lol:

Pray sir... do tell... what are these things you call... pants.

*We loves the dogses!*

BTW I wonder how many people actually know what the HGP is lol.

I'm at the young, tender age of 20, and it annoys ME when people don't capitalize or punctuate. I may not be 100% OMG perfect grammar, but I try.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back