Have you ordered from B&H and shipped to Canada?

DigiJay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.naturalstudios.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth ordering from B&H, shipping to Canada. I'm looking at ordering a Bigma 50-500.

I checked this link, and if I'm reading correctly, lenses do not have a duty tarriff attached. I assume I would just pay regular GST/PST on it?
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/trade-commerce/tariff-tarif/2008/01-99/ch90-eng.pdf

Anyone have experience ordering products from BH to Canada?

I've ordered from B&H 3x, there still may be duty on it since they don't always seem to know the rules from customs. But it's pretty small, mostly just regular tax. The real trick is to have it shipped USPS, don't us UPS if you can avoid it, the brokerage fees are terrible!

All told though, still save a lot and B&H is great.

I've ordered several times from B&H, all good experiences. I have not paid any duty whatsoever. I Used UPS expedited as the shipping method, and had no brokerage charges or any charges outside of the original shipping charges.When it's delivered you pay GST on the Canadian converted total.

i made an order on monday, but it was on hold twice in Lachine, Quebec. it then told me i have agreed to accept the delivery charge and now its on its way...does anyone mind telling me about how much the delivery charge may be if you have any idea?

BE SERIOUS! :biggrin:

I've ordered from them several times.

I don't think that USPS is an option from B&H, unfortunately.

Anyway, there is no duty on photographic equipment but you will have to pay GST (and maybe PST). There may also be brokerage...but usually, if you order via a type of airmail, the brokerage is included...but if you ship by ground, they will charge you much more.

I seem to remember that the last time I ordered, I used UPS International Expedited and it was reasonable and it get here pretty fast.

As i said in my earlier post, I have always ordered UPS expedited, and never have I been charged anything outside of what B&H quoted me plus the GST on delivery.... I hope nothing changed over the last year, but I don't think so.

I purchased a Canon 30D and a Tamron 17-50mm from BH the other day, for about the same price as it would cost to get just the camera body in Canada!

It was sent via USPS, which gets swaped over to Canada Post once it hits the border. My only complaint was that a 3-5 day delivery turned into a 10 day delivery, but beyond that everything was as expected. Just expect to pay the GST/PST upon delivery.

Most reactions

Back