Have you thought about your username?

My parents came up with my username. The problem I have with usernames, is if I want to post a message saying I like your photo, I feel funny saying, "Nice Shot, Wiseguy123." It would be nice if you had your first name at least listed in the signature box.

AlanKlein and I are in the same boat. We didn't pick our user names, our parents did that for us. If I were to pick a user name that reflects my photography ... I dunno ... AlanKlein sounds good.

Like others, my parents determined my username, though I chose to only use the initials.

Edit: While I didn't think about it much at all, it seems that people pronounce my username "lemur" in their heads, so I have considered changing at least my profile picture ;)

My name is Buck. I've been call variations of that all my life by friends and family, Buckster being one of the most common.

Errrm....mines just my nickname. I'm actually not particularly small (actually it was my mum [who is quite wee] that pointed it out a couple of years back that most of my friends are quite tall. I had genuinely never noticed). So coversations between others when I was a teenager went
"You know Pete?"
"Pete who?"
"You know, errrm... wee pete"
"Oh, aye, I know him."

And henceforth this prestidgeous title was bestowed upon me. It's also quite good to use for a username as its not a common nickname overseas so is normally free.

Mine actually has a history. I used to work in this photo lab in a drug store back in high school. My manager always made fun of me because I have a big nose so he used to call me Beaker because he said it was a beak, I looked like a bird, yada yada. Joke was on him because I embraced it and used it in various usernames, including my PlayStation network account. How I got AdrianBeaky was from an episode of Family Guy when Peter gets a parrot, names it Adrian Beaky and pretends he's a pirate. Thought it was funny so I replaced Beaker with Beaky as a variation :)

I deal coke

*snort* - the laughing kind, not the snorting kind.

And don't forget, you had me convinced for month that you were Ms. Snowy until you posted a picture of yourself.

Mine took absolutely no thought whatsoever.

Picked up a secondhand '68 Oldsmobile 442 convertible as my first car and it stuck around with me for many years. So, even though I sold it, I found that shortening David to Dave and adding the 442 usually gives me an available username.

I was given the name at birth...as was my grandfather back in 1910. It's an olde English name.

My username is a family inside joke. In the hospital where I was born and where my mom worked there was a guy named Texasrex (no joke). Along with the fact that my grandmother whom we visited often had housecat/bobcat hybrids that lived on her roof, they just made a little nickname.

My little brother had one too but I can't remember what it was.

You just do not want to know what I was thinking when I chose my username.

:icon_eek:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back