Have you used Square reader?

Use it all the time. There are no hidden fees. It's clearly disclosed up front. You expect them to do it free?

Last edited:
Ummm....

(1) Did you read any of the paperwork that you had to fill in to create your account; and

(2) What did you expect?

How do you think they make their money? Of course they charge a fee, so does Visa, Mastercard, Discover Card etc. From the home page on their site right under signup link.

"Get your free Square Reader at sign-up or pick one up at a store near you. Pay 2.75% per swipe for Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. Swipe $100, see $97.25 in your bank account in one to two business days. No monthly fees, no commitments, no surprises."

Capto_Capture 2017-05-15_10-56-48_AM.png

Most of the banking agencies charge 5% so your getting off pretty good. You got the hardware for free. Most retail stores have to pay for their card reader hardware.

Last edited:
square.jpg

you probably only read this ...
SQ-2.jpg

Try setting up a Merchant Account with any major credit card company. You'll learn real quick how inexpensive the Square system is.

I love Square because I pay per transaction.... NOT per month plus per swipe like a merchant account. This way, if I never use it, I don't have to pay that ungodly monthly fee.

I purchased it about $50. I thought it is one time fee.
You sound like you got it at a store. At the store it is a one time fee, to buy the square reader hardware from the store. That's their incentive to carry it.

If you get your reader from the Square Reader site the hardware if free when you sign up.

I have already read that. I didn't know when I purchased it at the store.

Return it then. I'm sure if you purchased it from a major retailer, they'll take it back.

There's a reason a lot of people use it...I'd be surprised if you find something better.

It is okay. It's just surprised me. If other members said it's worth it, then it's all good.

I purchased it about $50. I thought it is one time fee.
You sound like you got it at a store. At the store it is a one time fee, to buy the square reader hardware from the store. That's their incentive to carry it.

If you get your reader from the Square Reader site the hardware if free when you sign up.

I'll contact Square, see what they have to say.

I'm guessing they will say what is in the screen capture I posted previously.

Most reactions

Back