Haven't posted in a while. 3 for C&C

Micah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I still have a long way to go, but I think I'm getting better.

1. Lightning & Stars

064_273r.jpg

2. Leaf in a web

050_251r.jpg

3. Walking stick

014_278r.jpg

#3 is quite nice. Nice colors, nice composition. Too bad you lost the focus on the bug on the left.

#1 I let someone who likes lightning photos comment. I love to watch storms but the photos don't do anything for me. I have to say I find yours more interesting than most I have seen.

#2 I don't how much web there actually is but, to be honest, if it was not for the title, I would have had no idea what I was looking at. A lot of gray, a few lines and a small leaf...

By the way I see barely any difference between the two versions of #3. Second one may be the slightest bit lighter?

Just playing around now. Seeing if they look any better uploading directly to the forum since I can do that now.:mrgreen:

Attachments

• $014_278tpf.JPG
    $014_278tpf.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 88
  • $026_265tpf.JPG
    $026_265tpf.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 88
  • $064_273tpf.JPG
    $064_273tpf.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 87
Nope still look like crap. How do I keep my pics from looking like this when I upload them?

Lightning one is very nice! I love how it has the stars in it too. Though you appear to have some sensor dust down by the lightning, and an ugly green spot halfway up on the left which should be cloned out.

I dont see the green you are talking about, but the "sensor dust" is quite obviously a couple of UFOs. I should see if The National Enquierer will give me some cash for it. Seriously though, the spots dont show up on any of the other shots from that night, so who knows.

For #1. Well for compositing cloud cover, I think you could do a better job. For example you could have made a brush for the clouds, make them look more natural. Get rid of the north star. Why you didn't remove the dust/birds or the lens flare is beyond me.

Edit: It looks like you've brushed in blue around the lightening and the middle sky, maybe use a gradient for a more natural effect.

For #1. Well for compositing cloud cover, I think you could do a better job. For example you could have made a brush for the clouds, make them look more natural. I've never seen the north star shine through a cloud, I would have gotten rid of that. Why you didn't remove the dust/birds or the lens flare is beyond me.

Well we dont all have expensive software for that. But thanks for playing.

I personally dont think I should touch photoshop untill I learn a little bit more, and would never encourage anyone else to either. I think its cheating.

I personally dont think I should touch photoshop untill I learn a little bit more, and would never encourage anyone else to either. I think its cheating.

It's not cheating. It's part of the game.

It's not cheating. It's part of the game.

Let me clarify. For me to use it now, I would consider cheating. I'm trying to learn and I would use it as a crutch. I want to get as comfortable with my camera as I can before I even consider it.

if you think your picture look weird when uploaded this thread might be able to help

how was the lightning picture taken? i think i'm seeing it wrong... i'm seeing the top dark blue part w/ the stars as the clouds... and that can't be right... right?

i like the insect one, but when i look at it my eye is never drawn to the head of the insect... it's always drawn to the brighter spot in the middle of it's body and the lit petal... not sure if this is intentional or not

if you think your picture look weird when uploaded this thread might be able to help

how was the lightning picture taken? i think i'm seeing it wrong... i'm seeing the top dark blue part w/ the stars as the clouds... and that can't be right... right?

i like the insect one, but when i look at it my eye is never drawn to the head of the insect... it's always drawn to the brighter spot in the middle of it's body and the lit petal... not sure if this is intentional or not

The lightning pic is of the back side of a storm, and the stars are beginning to come out. Everything from the top right 25% down is clouds.

wow. i absolutely love the first pic! i think its amazing!

can you tell me what your camera was set on so i can try and get some pics of lightning myself!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back