Haven't quite ironed out the wrinkles...

Youth hostels we have them in the US too but they're not as wide-spread from what I've heard.

Lots of hostels all over Europe.

Also that backpacker scene in Australia is huge. Very easy to get around, very easy to find work.

I would think if you were into nature photography you'd go to Australia if you were into buildings Europe people would be a toss up.

HELL YES I WOULD!!!!

Right on brother!

I told one of my friends of the idea, and he's definitely interested. He's been my best friend since I was like, 8, so I hope he chooses to come along. But if he doesn't, I'd totally understand. It's sort of hard to take a long time out of your life to go off and sort of not know exactly where you're gonna stay, what you're gonna eat, what you're gonna do for money. The thing is, I just don't want the trip to get too planned out. I just want to know some basics so that I don't die or starve to near death. But I don't want like, a schedule or anything. The whole point of this is to be able to live a part of my life unscheduled, without a ton of thought or responsibility.

This is something I wish I would have done before I had a kid... I still might try to pull off something similar for a shorter amount of time.

Well he'd have to be over the age of 18 cuz I could never get his mom to agree.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back