having problem with my lens

fuerstphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I bought the Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 Macro lens and don't seem to take any good pics with it. Is it the lens or operator error? Any suggestions would be most helpful.The pics are with a tripod and no flash with f2.8. I know my DOF is to shallow, but does the lens generally feather the outer ring like that or is something wrong with it?

upnorth509029.jpg

upnorth509075.jpg

How do the images look if you use an aperture of f/8 or f/11 or higher?

Does this happen when you take macro shots too?

How do the images look if you use an aperture of f/8 or f/11 or higher?

Does this happen when you take macro shots too?
I need to try a higher apeture, will do this next time around. Thanks!

I agree this looks like your zoom ring is being turned as you take the shot. It could be that as your shooting your accidently moving it with your hand or you could have a really bad case of lenscreep (that is when the lens is pointed up or down the zoom creeps).
I would take a few test shots using AF only and don't touch any part of the lens (a tripod would help) and make sure to take a few shots angled up and down a bit - if your still get the effect its a faulty lens.
If you don't then review your handholding methods for the lens and make sure your not turning the zoom wheel as you shoot.

*ps that dog is hunting you in that first shot - RUN! ;)*

I love the effect it gives the first one. Those eyes are a nicely done it.

I would call it a composition that you tried to do....:lol:

Then you can call it art.

also a point - for some reason imageshack is being really good to you and giving you a fast speed, plus everone who posted so far is on a fast connection - but please for those on a slower connection keep your images below 1000pixles on the longest side. If you want to you can certainly put a direct link to a larger version for people who want to follow the link.
Generally 600-800pixels on the longest side is the best for a forum image - if your going larger links are best :)

The lens sounds like an analog lens (film camera lens). Are you using it on a digital camera? Is your digital camera with a ccd that is smaller than 24mm x36mm? Some film lens won't work with a digital camera. Maybe you should try it on a film camera and see does it have the same effect.

also a point - for some reason imageshack is being really good to you and giving you a fast speed, plus everone who posted so far is on a fast connection - but please for those on a slower connection keep your images below 1000pixles on the longest side. If you want to you can certainly put a direct link to a larger version for people who want to follow the link.
Generally 600-800pixels on the longest side is the best for a forum image - if your going larger links are best :)

:thumbup: Yeah, what Overread said. :lol: I have dial up and I've come across many threads here recently where the photos won't load and I just give up waiting and move on.:(

I have to agree they look like the focal length of the lens was changing as the shutter was released.

The image of the cows is very under exposed even though you were in aperture priority mode. Your exposure compensation was set to -1.33 EV so that kind of explains that. Just not sure why you would have it dialed down 1 1/3 stops.

By the way, your image of the dog was the 6839th image made by your D70s. The cows were #6886.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back