Having some troubles, need a little color help

eyeye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am just having the worst time trying to get my monitor calibrated correctly. So far I have gotten it un-green and photos in lightroom and PS look ok. But when I put them on my smug mug account of photo bucket they look nearly neon to me.

Now I know this isnt a great photo, it was just a Christmas snap shot. But when I look at it in lightroom and PS it is fine. When I save and put online it looks crazy over saturated and the skin looks magenta. Are you seeing this? Could the calibration change the way I see it online? I am really not a computer person but doing my best as I know it is part of photography. Any help is so appriciated!

xmas-6583-1.jpg

Looks good to me. I'm uncalibrated other than soft calibration with some websites.

Looks OK on my monitor.
Do you know what colour space you are shooting in? If you shoot in Adoble RBG and then upload to the web that is mostly sRBG, there will be some colour shift.

Looks great to me.

But just out of curiosity I downloaded it and opened it in PS (sRGB).

Looked perfect ... UNTIL ... I hit the "Auto Color" button just for laughs.

Guess What! Neon Green and garish color.

The fault is not with you or your color, it's with you know who.

You're doing just fine!

Looks okay to me. I have Lightroom set to edit in Prophoto color space and export my JPEG to sRGB for the web. Nothing garish and it seems to work for me.

I agree with Dick Sanders about the cuteness of the photograph. In all seriousness, are you capturing sRGB with your camera or converting upon import to PS? The EXIF data has the sRGB color space but indicates the creation software was PS.

Also, Photobucket always screws with your photos. SmugMug has ICC profiles for you. Try this link for all your answers:

help - So you want to calibrate your monitor...- powered by SmugMug

-Nick

Most reactions

Back