Having trouble shooting a glossy black pill bottle

Yeah, and your suggestions, good as they are, would be the equivalent of four years of seminary school. Just so he can say "Bless you". Might be a steep investment. :lol: Then again, maybe, just maybe he might be inspired to "see the light".

Yeah, and your suggestions, good as they are, would be the equivalent of four years of seminary school. Just so he can say "Bless you". Might be a steep investment. :lol: Then again, maybe, just maybe he might be inspired to "see the light".
Hey, when people ask "What photography books should I have, I tell them all of the ones listed except Strobist and I tell them to check out Strobist online.

Can I get an Amen????
chick-emotion-2.jpg

Last edited:
Amen, brotha, Amen!:boogie:

Greetings... where on the rock are you?

You can do it with two lights, but it won't be nearly as good. Ideally you should invest in four cheap speedlights, triggers and a roll of white seamless... <$400. It will make this easy.

I'm in the Cowichan Valley.

Do you have any pictures of that could demonstrate the type of set up you're talking about?

I don't find the image to be too far off. As Derrel explained, the white is coming off the background. This will always be the case when photographing cylinders of any sort.

My first adjustment would be to use a longer lens (something like 100mm). This will afford you two things. First, you'll get a truer representation of the shape of the product. Second, this will allow you to slide a couple of black cards (one on each side and a bit behind) close in to the bottle without coming into view. You'll still have a bit of highlight on each side, but they will be much narrower. A bit of tweaking in Photoshop will give you some nice results.

-Pete

Most reactions

New Topics

Back