Hawaiian panorama

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
This is a (badly) hand stitched panorama of shots taken from the Pali Lookout on Oahu. The view looking North is of the city of Kaneohe and Kaneohe Bay. The Kaneohe Marine Base is behind the far hill in between the two closer hills right of center. The city of Kailua is behind the hill to the right.

The old Hawaiian kings used to throw conquered warriors off this cliff. Seems they were real big on throwing humans off of and into things. :)

Unfortunately the weather wasn't exactly stunning and the view suffers for it, but it's what it was...

pali_pano_sm.jpg

Here's a larger version. This is still a work in progress, but feel free to blast it.

"Badly hand stitched" huh?
One of these days when I try my hand at it I hope my results are that bad!
Also, I like the overcast skies, I feel it adds something to the scene.
Had a fun vacation Jim?

Sid- it is bad at full size. Gaps & misalignments everywhere. the vacation was great, the waether looked like this the whole time we were there. At least I didn't have to worry about getting sunburned. ;)

Starving- no I didn't, which is why it looks so bad full sized. Because I didn't use a tripod I lost the left end of the pano because it was up much higher than the rest of the pics (obviously I moved).

God, do I miss Hawaii! Maybe if I cross my fingers and jump into the computer screen I'll be there. ;) Nice pano Jim. It's really hard to see the misalignments with the this picture size, so it looks good to me. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back