Hawk VS Raven

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This hawk was being chased and was getting the tar beaten out of him by a raven. Yes it is a Raven I confermed this by the notable arch to the beak as well as it's flying paterns, I also have a set pending processing from a couple days later where the same hawk was being pestered by a crow literally half his size, that one was kind of funny to watch because the crow can't glide and summersault in flight like the raven can. This Hawk seems to really step on peoples toes and refuses to fight back, I won't be surprised to see it attacked by Blue Jays in the near future.

All taken (Handheld) with Vivitar 400mm on Canon EF, ASA 400

210549_010_RA400_04_09_3.jpg

Bigger here

210549_011_RA400_04_09_3.jpg

Bigger here

210549_014_RA400_04_09_3.jpg

Bigger here

210549_015_RA400_04_09_3.jpg

Bigger here

Last edited:
Nice shots. That's about how close I seem to get when I see an Eagle or the like (but after some cropping and a smaller lens). Not perfect, but I wouldn't mind them if I took them for memories later on. Don't know how much PP you did, but the very hard to get exposure with so much sky isn't bad at all. What'd you shoot?: about a +0.7EV? maybe a little more?

Nice shots. That's about how close I seem to get when I see an Eagle or the like (but after some cropping and a smaller lens). Not perfect, but I wouldn't mind them if I took them for memories later on. Don't know how much PP you did, but the very hard to get exposure with so much sky isn't bad at all. What'd you shoot?: about a +0.7EV? maybe a little more?

I would not know, it was all subconsious mental math and a little Photoshop (Light Noise removal, heavy USM, cropping and dust cloning only). I estimated based on what I know, and my Film camera does not keep EXIF information for me to go back and look at.

Dooh! Missed the "EF" part... Thanks for replying to my silly question ... :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back