Hawk

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While it isn't uncommon to see hawks in trees in my yard, it is rare to find one as brazen as this one was. I know they don't measure up to most of the hawk photos on the board, but I was reasonably happy with them and thought I'd post them anyway. I did commit one no-no, I had to shoot through my window - hope you like them.
C&C welcome.

hawk276pbuc.jpg

237PB.jpg

Why is it that the photos would look fine on my computer, and even in photo bucket, but they always look fuzzy when they post here? Sorry for the blurriness, I swear they were clear before I uploaded them......

I think that's either a Cooper's or Sharp Shinned hawk. We have them around here and they are very bold!

Thanks for the comments.

I guess the extra noise and all comes from resizing the photos for the board?

Why is it that the photos would look fine on my computer, and even in photo bucket, but they always look fuzzy when they post here? Sorry for the blurriness, I swear they were clear before I uploaded them......

Don't use photobucket, that website eats IQ for breakfast. Use Flickr or something similar, the images are larger and keep most of their Image Quality.

The first shot is really cool though, I like how close it looks. The composition is nice as well. You might want to look into some form of noise reduction software like Noise Ninja, unless that noise is just coming from photobucket.

lots of colour noise in those images, and rather poor in contrast.

so i suppose it was very dark?

composition and pose i like though.

Thanks Antithesis, I'll have to give Flickr a try. Most of that noise came after uploading them to PB.

Thanks Alex - yes, it was late in the afternoon when I took these and it was very overcast...shooting through the window I suppose didn't help either. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back