HD sux!!!

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Home Depot sucks big time!!!:grumpy: :madmad: :madmad: :madass: :angry1: :playball:

So I go in tonite to order 2 gallons of Venetian Plaster at $32.00 a pop. They're supposed to machine-mix that puppy for 5 minutes prior to adding any colorants. I ask them to do that and then mix the colorants in and machine-mix them for another 10+ minutes. Which is SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for that particular paint. Ten minutes later they call me and deliver the paint. It seemed too short for me and I ask them if they mixed it as requested. After their assurance I go home only to discover that the top layer is darker than the rest. Arrrrrrgh!....

Wait until tomorrow when the s**t hits the fan! I'm going back to have them redone (they don't offer refunds on specialty paints).

PlasticSpanner said:
:confused:

What are you painting?

Three rooms. One is almost done, very slow process.

Haha I thought you meant HDTV sucks..... I know home depot sucks them and lowes together can't figure out how to copy my house key.

PlasticSpanner said:
Can't you stand with them & supervise whilst they do it? :thumbup:

I s'pose I could but that'd be 15+ minutes of supervising them but at that price?? Regular paint is about $10.00 less and does not involve a long machine-mix. Oh well...

I'm lucky... at the Home Depot near my house the paint guy is a real expert.(and really nice)
He gets everything done and more! We're on a first name basis I go there so much... :lmao:
Also, there will be a new Home Depot opening here in my small city in May. That will be awesome! :thumbup:

Mitica100 said:
I s'pose I could but that'd be 15+ minutes of supervising them but at that price?? Regular paint is about $10.00 less and does not involve a long machine-mix. Oh well...
You go kick their ass, Mitica! :soapbox:

My "Miss-Home-Improvement" gene has been kicking in lately, so I'm probably going to going something similar with a specialty paint. I need to know how badly they jerk you around before deciding to go there (vs Lowe's, which seems to be my only options nearby).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back