Hdr adivice

Andy5D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im gonna give hdr a go just looking for some advice on which is the best way to do it . i know there are 100's of tutorals out there but has anyone got the most simple one ;)

The best advice I can give is for you to use Photomatix. Be sure to set the sliders to default and give it a shot. There are a few presets. After you have done the default give the presets a shot. Dont muck with the sliders until you understand what they do.

... or do "muck with the sliders", so you SEE what they do (that used to be my approach to Photomatix, when I took the Tone Mapping step, which you MUST take).

... or do "muck with the sliders", so you SEE what they do (that used to be my approach to Photomatix, when I took the Tone Mapping step, which you MUST take).

hahaha actually thats right. But what I meant was not to muck with them then post the lousy results to get reactions. Understand them first.

I learned most of what I know from stuckincustoms.com. He's got a pretty handy tutorial.

I watched a tutorial when I first learned HDR. This was the first "style" of processing I had learned. I was so confused after watching the video (it was a good video looking back on it, I was just so new it didn't help me much) that it didn't do much good. Over the course of several months I played around with the controls in Photomatx and afterward in photoshop (for fine tuning) and I now have a style that I like and appreciate. My best advice to you is to maybe watch or read a tuturial or two, but play around the controls and find something that suits your taste. It may take you some time like me to develop your style, but I think it is fun to learn on one's own.

Btw. I also recommend Photomatix.

Most reactions

Back