HDR Bridge Pano

Good use of HDR, nice image.... well done Remi :thumbup:

HDR are beautiful in the eye but are they real photos?

Thank you all very much. It's really nice to hear all the great comments. :)

Bettybooty: HDR stands for High Dynamic Range
Dynamic range is the difference between light and dark area's. The photos you take with a camera are low dynamic range (LDR). So you can't get the brightest and darkest areas in the image without sacrificing on or the other. Thats why sunset shots almost always silhouette the foreground. And on the other end you get a blown out sky if you meter on a dark part of the foreground.
To get a HDR image you take multiple shots of the same subject at different shutter settings. So you get a range of dark to bright photos. Than you combine them together to make a HDR image. This actualy does not look very good. The trick is bringing that HDR image back to the world of LDR with tone mapping. Tone Mapping is adjusting each area of the image to a suitable light value. Sort of averaging out the brightest and the darkest areas.
I like using photomatix for the tone mapping. The tricky part with photomatix is that it likes to do allot of localized contrast. Which leaves you with "halos" around dark objects. So I like to adjust the tone mapping to still have the HDR look but not so far as to see halos or patchy light patterns.
Than I like to spend even more time doing my usualy adjustments in photoshop.

nice stuff!! how do you save it as JPEG? i tried it but its saved as 4mb TIFF file...

Emo: Convert it to 8bit to save as Jpg. You can do that in Image-Mode.
Mentos: Dzienkuje :). Lubje twoje nowe avatar.
Tranceplant and duncanp: Thank you :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back