HDR Critique

Cruzweb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings all. I've just started getting my feet wet with HDR imaging and I would really like some critiques on how I'm doing. I'm pretty new to photography in general, so any advice is really appreciated. Everything is done with a Samsung NV15, Photomatix Pro and Adobe Photoshop.

St.%20Marys.jpg

Tom%20on%20the%20Beach.jpg

red%20house.jpg

St%20Mary%27s%20Side.jpg

Mount%20Clemens.jpg

New%20Hampshire%20State%20House.jpg

Lebannon%20Town%20Hall%20in%20Lebannon%20New%20Hampshire.jpg

Bill%20and%20Barry%20in%20Buffalo.jpg

New%20London%20Police.jpg

john%20down%20up.jpg

Old%20County%20Building.jpg

Caprice.jpg

Police%20Station.jpg

Bath%20House.jpg

EDITED to have pictures in the thread.
Gallery is @ http://cruzweb.net/photos/?album=HDR

Thanks a lot.

Heya. Welcome to ThePhotoForum, John.

Nice selection of HDRs in your gallery.
But a piece of advice: response is usually better when you link photos directly to your posts here (though that might not work with the place in which you stored your photos :scratch: ...) --- few people have the time to really follow a link to a personal gallery and look through there.

Your compositions look pleasing, the weather was much on your side when you went out for your little HDR session, the sky was VERY blue, which cast a blue hue over several of the HDRs, which is why I'd suggest you warm them up a little, unless you want them to look this blue. My feeling is, however, that the blue does not convey feelings of "cold winter day" but of "colour not right" ...

The very strong cartoon effect on the street scene (forget which photo that one was, sorry) is a) quite cartoonish but b) also quite nice. I like it in that very photo!

Hey, and you yourself don't look half bad, either :sexywink: - heehee.

Thank you for your comments. I'm still playing with the warm and cool trying to find the right mix of it, in many instances the blue is similar to the actual photograph when taken but after the conversion it just gets saturated out. The whole color placement is something I'm still struggling with but like I said, I'm very new to this.

I'll put the pics into the thread if that's easier, thanks.

the car hood and the ron paul shots are cool

There are some of them that dont seem HDR at all due to there not really being any dynamic range to them.

There are some of them that dont seem HDR at all due to there not really being any dynamic range to them.
There's a mix of true hdr and generated hdr from a single picture, which images are you referring to?

There's a mix of true hdr and generated hdr from a single picture, which images are you referring to?

It would be easiler if the were numbered.

guy at the beach, the ron paul one, guy with the drink on his head, the police vehicle, the dude with the beard, and the last shot.

It would be easiler if the were numbered.

guy at the beach, the ron paul one, guy with the drink on his head, the police vehicle, the dude with the beard, and the last shot.
Good eye, I was wondering how obvious they would be to people who really know what to look for. There are 2 that are switched tho, the last one is comprised of 3 different images, although because of the way the sun was behind the building it didn't come out as well as I would have hoped. And the one under the ron paul one cam out of 1 image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back