HDR Everywhere!

I'm not a fan of HDR - looks gimmicky and way too polished, like an illustration and not a photo - but as long as ad execs want it, it'll be around. And as long as it appears in the ads in magazines, amateurs will want to do it. I may be over-generalizing, but sometimes it seems like the modern amateur photographer is more of a computer nerd than an artist. They won't know f-stops but they sure know about overclocking and whatnot.

That said, there are a few photos that practically scream for HDR, and it suits them really well.

for sure, some photos look nice with hdr. but as you said some look like an illustration.

but as you said some look like an illustration.

BUT??? Wow, so someone took a photo and made it look like something other than a photo. Let's stone em and come up with all sorts of other opinions that serve no other purpose than to validate our egos. Sorry, I can't help it. These HDR threads are too entertaining to leave my sarcasm out of. I wish MOD would delete all of them so we can start all over again.:lmao:

BUT??? Wow, so someone took a photo and made it look like something other than a photo. Let's stone em and come up with all sorts of other opinions that serve no other purpose than to validate our egos. Sorry, I can't help it. These HDR threads are too entertaining to leave my sarcasm out of. I wish MOD would delete all of them so we can start all over again.:lmao:

why? why does this thread need to be deleted? If you dont like it dont post. My opinion is there is too much HDR.

Does anybody know where I can get an HDR camera:er:

Don't you know that opinions are like a-holes - everyone's got one, and most of them stink.

Anyways, I'm a purist. I'll admit it - though I do believe there is a place for most things. But as a trend, and not just an occasional experiment or project, I don't care much for HDR.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back