HDR.. how to change exposures

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Rachie_77, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Rachie_77

Rachie_77 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I've been lurking this forum for quite a while now and I must say I LOVE all the HDRs. From what I've read I know it's best to take at least 3 different photos with diff. steps and then combine them with photomatix. I'm curious though how to change the exposures from one image in order to make a HDR.

I downloaded the trial version of photomatix and have taken 3 pictures with different exposures so I kinda know what I'm doing but I have some older pictures that I'd like to mess around with.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!:D

2. Sideburns

Sideburns TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Usually you want to do it with fresh pictures as you can take all 3 exposures as new shots. making them from old pictures isn't the best way to do it...

Do you have lightroom? It will let you adjust exposure with a simple slider...you could jsut make copies of the originals and adjust it so you have 3 different exposures...but I doubt it will look that good/different

3. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    you can use any RAW conversion software to change your 'exposure'. Lightroom, Bibble, Aperture, Adobe CameraRAW, whatever reads your camera's raw files.

4. The_Traveler

The_Traveler Completely Counter-dependent Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Start with normal exposures and then bracket on either side of that by 3 or 4 stops using shutter speed adjustments (not aperture adjustments which would change your DOF).

Do a search for HDR101 on the web.

5. Rachie_77

Rachie_77 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks alot for your replys! I had been googling all morning and just couldn't seem to find anything.